4 replies to this topic

#1 decann

decann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

This is yet another request for either one of the following enhancements to “Report Viewer” currently in RM 7.5:

1.  Please either make the “Fit Page Width” default setting rather than the current “Fit Full Page,” OR better yet. . .
  2. Make both of the current settings co-equal, and enable them to remain as set by the user until changed.

I have happily used Bruce’s software since it was called FO3, and while I am not able to say with absolute certainty, I seem to recall this very feature being available some versions ago.  In one of my several previous submissions of this request directly to Bruce, he himself said “I thought that was already there, but I will look into it.”  Whatever the case, my 74-year-old eyes need all of the help they can get (even with $400 glasses) these days and returning this feature back where it once was would really help not only me, but a lot of other old fogeys like me, I am sure.

Please consider it in some future update.  After all of these years I know better than to ask when RM8 is going to be available, but I for one would sure be one of the happier users if this was included as part of the update soon.  Thank you.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7957 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 decann

decann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

May the Good Lord take a liking to you and Bruce, Renee.  I and my aging (75 next month) eyes thank you both and everyone else involved.  :-)

#4 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1557 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

I also would like this fixed.  Thanks

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#5 decann

decann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:21 AM

I've been requesting this LOST FORMER FEATURE for a good 3 or 4 complete versions now.  I got lucky once, and even got a reply from "The RootsMagician" himself, pointing out the fact it was once a built in feature and he said he "thought it still was a feature" but he "will look into it."  My aging 75 year old eyes would really would really do a lot better if I could set this former feature to remain set as it once was.  :-(