• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jcalkins0324

jcalkins0324

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:30 PM

When I try to log into FamilySearch through RM 7.5 File>FamilySearch Cental it initially logged in and started to match records.  Then I got a timeout notification and RM locked up and the only way I could close RM was to end the task through Task Manager.

I then started RM again and went to File>FamilySearch Central and after entering my FamilySearch username and password I got the message the sign in was invalid.  Again, RM locked up and I had to use Task Manager to close RM. 

Need help as the program is not much use if it keeps timing out and locking up.  I am using Windows 10 as my OS.

John C

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

To clear your login have RootsMagic open to a main view. Then use the key-command Ctrl+Shift+U and "Reset Program Settings".  Close and then reopen RootsMagic and login under File>FamilySearch Central. 

You will want to check if your firewall or internet is not allowing RootsMagic access to the internet. Especially check that you don't have two firewalls or antivirus programs activated. If you installed your own software and still have Windows Defender and their firewall turned on it will conflict and cause these types of issues. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 jcalkins0324

jcalkins0324

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

Turned off Windows Defender and now I am able to at least log into FamilySearch.  Now, once I log onto FamilySearch I keep getting messages that read "Connect Timed Out".  Any thoughts on how I can resolve it?

I really appreciate all your help.  Eventually we'll get this to run smoothly.  :)

John C

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

Check the Windows firewall too. You will need to add RootsMagic to their lists to allow internet access.

Renee
RootsMagic