• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 steve

steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

Looks like my iPhone updated the Roots Magic app to version 1.3 yesterday (7/3/17). Now the bar along the top is a blank light green, with no title nor button to bring up the Surname List. Where oh where did it go?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

I don't have the same results are you. I am on the iPad testing this. Try rebooting your iPhone to see if that resolves the issue. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 steve

steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

I rebooted my iPhone (4s), but the problem remains.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

In the upper left corner you should have a square with some lines on it that you tap to bring up the surname list. I would need someone with an iPhone (4s) to confirm if they see what your seeing. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 jrjblain

jrjblain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

I am having this same problem after my iphone updated the rootsmagic app. No tool bar at top, can not search names or delete data to try to install it again. I shut off the phone 2 times, still not working!

#6 jrjblain

jrjblain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

ipad is working fine because update was not done yet

#7 jrjblain

jrjblain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

Looks like my iPhone updated the Roots Magic app to version 1.3 yesterday (7/3/17). Now the bar along the top is a blank light green, with no title nor button to bring up the Surname List. Where oh where did it go?

I am having this same problem

#8 jrjblain

jrjblain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

In the upper left corner you should have a square with some lines on it that you tap to bring up the surname list. I would need someone with an iPhone (4s) to confirm if they see what your seeing. 

I am having this same problem with my iphone. (iphone6) No tool bar at top of app, can't search names, or delete data, so I can't reload info onto phone

#9 jrjblain

jrjblain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

Is there going to be a fix for the above problem soon?

#10 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

I can't give a time frame on a fix, there are to many variables.

Renee
RootsMagic

#11 jrjblain

jrjblain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

This latest update for rootsmagic is a failure! It has rendered my info useless on my phone, no way to search 15,000 surnames in database. Please check your updates before you release them next time!

#12 Bernie

Bernie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

I am having the same problem with my iPhone SE running latest IOS.  Tried deleting the app and reinstalling.  Also deleted datafile from dropbox and reinstalled.  Rebooted.  Same results.  Puzzled.

#13 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

I have a new build for the iOS version of the RM App to test, but I don't have an iPhone to test the display with. Anyone with an iPhone want to help us test this?  If so send an email to support@rootsmagic.com  Attn: Renee and give me the email you use for iTunes. Then we can set you up for TestFlight to receive this test version.

Renee
RootsMagic

#14 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

Thanks everyone that offered to help test the new iOS version development sent us. I think we have enough beta testers looking at it with their iPhones now.

Renee
RootsMagic