• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dlmuntz

dlmuntz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

I was a beta tester and ran into this.  Quite often i get a web hint or find an alternate source for a fact which I already have in my RM database.  This may not be something I want to use as a primary fact because it has less information than the source I already have for that fact in RM, but it is a source nonetheless.  I would like to be able to add it as a source and potentially download the associated media, but not change the basic details that I already have entered in RM.  An example might be that I have a marriage certificate that lists someone's birth date which has a day, month and year of birth as well as the county and state.  I then come across another record  that shows that person's  year of birth and state.  I don't want to overwrite my RM data with the less detailed data, but I would like to be able to add the source and media as supporting information.  Right now it appears that anything I add will overwrite my existing fact details.

Another request.  I am not a fan of the way TreeShare imports media from Ancestry.  It appears the only options for media import is for the media to reside within the source.  I typically add media at the fact level as it requires much less digging to view it.  At the source level, I have to click on the source for the fact, click on the individual source, click on media, and then click on the media file.  When attached to the fact, I need only click on the media column for the fact and then on the media file.  The second part of this is that I have no control over where the media file itself is stored when it's downloaded.  I'd like to be able to set my own location to send the media file.

#2 anzenketh

anzenketh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:32 AM

Adding just sources from TreeShare needs to be a lot easier and more intuitive. 

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

There isn't a checkbox to only add the WebHint source. But, the source is added automatically when you update the fact. To get only the source don't check any "info to Update" boxes on the update screen. Just click OK and Accept Changes and only the source will come over. We have it on the development list to add a check box so it's more intuitive.

The other items mentions are on the enhancement request list. 

If you want to create a MediaTag for the fact you can open the Edit Person screen and go to the Citation Media tab, click Tag Media, select to make it an Event and choose the person and event for it. It will add it as fact media to that event. The citation one is still intact unless you happened to use Edit Tag instead of Tag Media. If you opened Edit Person from the WebHint screen you won't see the media check mark until your back into the main views.

Renee
RootsMagic