2 replies to this topic

#1 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

I installed the 7.5 update, entered my Ancestry credentials. Enable web hints is checked but none appear -- not only no Ancestry hints but also the Family Search light bulbs are gone. There were dozens under 7.2.4.0

Robert

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8370 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

Things to check

Under Tools>File Options>WebHints you have webhints enabled and checks by Ancestry and FamilySearch. Under the FamilySearch box you have your login entered.

For FamilySearch WebHints to work you need the RM person Matched to someone on Family Tree. So you will see a blue FamilySearch icon next to their name. 

You have uploaded your RM database to Ancestry and are still logged into TreeShare.  I have seen some people logout of TreeShare before they close, so the connection is gone. Keep automatic login checked if you don't want to sign-in every time you open RootsMagic and just click close when you leave it. 

Check on Ancestry if the WebHints have been generated for that tree yet. If you move around in Ancestry it will generate hints and shortly thereafter you see them in RM. 

If with all this checked and you still don't see hints then temporarily turn off your firewall and antivirus to make sure they are not blocking RootsMagic access to the internet.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 RobJ

RobJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

I found that generally happened whenever I downloaded an Ancestry tree.  It did not readily match up many of the persons on FamilySearch. I think it does match up some of them, perhaps some of those with exactly matching names.  It never matched myself though, and my name and dates exactly matched.  Even if I told it to search further, it would return dozens of similar names, but never mine.  I would have to open up my father, which opens up his family, and then I could click on the FS me and link to the RM me, and the same for my siblings.

For some that cannot seem to link back up to their FS counterparts, open up a child or parent that's linked, and you should be able to click on them on the FS side, then select the RM person to match.  After that, they stay matched/linked, unless you start over and download again.