• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fred49

Fred49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:02 AM

Upon download from Ancestry the new RootsMagic file included Unknown Spouses entries for both my wife and myself in error.  I checked Ancestry there are no duplicate entries listed in my tree there.  Whats worse having no names listed only Unknown Spouse, I cannot see how to delete the two erroneous individual entries.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

#2 Fred49

Fred49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:56 AM

Please disregard the request of how to delete the Unknown Spouse.  I was able to identify a work around by adding a made up name to the Unknown Spouse record and then deleting that. However, I still do not understand why it added the Unknown Spouses records initially. Thank you.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8526 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

Was your tree created on Ancestry using FTM by any chance?

I have seen reports of phantom records on Ancestry. I suspect this is a case of that. I would really need to look at your tree and test downloading it to tell. If you want to open a support ticket we can do that.  If it really is an Ancestry phantom record then there isn't much we can do but help you clean it up in RM later. It's going to download what Ancestry thinks is there.

To open a support ticket - http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic