• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

This is driving me crazy. I'm trying to devise a Residence(family) sentence template for sharees which will return

1. A, as the child of X and Y, lived with them at [place,etc.]

2. A and B, as the children of X and Y, lived with them at [place,etc.]

3  A, B, and C, as the children of X and Y lived with them at [place,etc.]

For some reason I don't seem to get the plural switch to work properly. The children/child switch is working OK. This is what I have so far:

<#Bx_child_resident#[ThisPerson:first]< and [Otherpersons:first]|[ThisPerson:first]<, [Otherpersons:first]>>>, as [Husband] and [Wife]'s <?[Otherpersons:first]|children|child>, lived with them< at [PlaceDetails:plain]>< in the [Place:first:plain]>< [Date]>.

( Bx_child_resident ) is a role I have added to the Residence (Family) fact for reasons unrelated to this inquiry.)

All suggestions happily & gratefully received -- and many thanks for putting in the time.

#2 TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5660 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:45 AM

The plural switch tests for plural, singular and none so [OtherPersons] should be the subject. Try

<#OtherPersons#[ThisPerson], [OtherPersons]|[ThisPerson] and [OtherPersons]|[ThisPerson]>, as...

You could move [ThisPerson] out of and ahead of the switch.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.