5 replies to this topic

#1 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1581 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:44 PM

Those who follow me probably know that I like the Reports > Publisher feature.

Here's a couple ideas for improvement:

One -- I have found that I must double-check the File > Print Setup settings before generating a Publisher book. I never use legal size pages, but somehow File > Print Setup had my default page size set to Legal. Even though the Reports > Publisher > select a book > Layout shows my page size to be Letter, the book was being generated with a legal size page for ONLY the Title Page, not any other pages. When I finally thought to check File > Print Setup and correct the incorrect setting, the Publisher book generated correctly. So the Wish List item is to have the Publisher > Layout settings override the File < Print Setup settings.

Two -- I prefer to work on RM with the RIN displayed, as it makes it convenient for me to jump between individuals by Record Number. I prefer to print my Publisher books without the RIN, since those numbers are meaningless (and sometimes confusing) to my audience. So the Wish List item is have an option to print or not print the displayed RIN (or REFN or FSID) regardless of how the display is set under Tools > File Options.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8698 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

Where exactly are you going to File>Print Setup. I don't see that in RM?

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1581 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:17 AM

https://s5.postimg.o...Print_Setup.png

RM_File_Print_Setup.png

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8698 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:26 AM

Interesting I didn't realize that was there. Its just connected to the printer settings. It's only using what your defaults are set at. So if you keep getting legal size paper then that would be your printer default setting. Why don't you adjust them outside of RootsMagic so it always uses the settings you want. It should remember them then.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1581 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

Back to my suggestion: Why would the settings of File > Print Setup conflict with Reports > Publisher > Layout? It may be logical for the Print Setup page size to be a default, but then why wouldn't the Layout setting override that default?

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8698 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

Confirming enhancement requests are in the tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: page size, RIN, RefNo