1 reply to this topic

#1 don

don

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

I added some minor items (no new names) to my RM database on the copy of RM6 that's on my wife's Windows Vista laptop and then took a backup, copied the backup file to my Windows 7 desktop PC, to transfer the entire data to the Desktop's copy of RM6. It failed. Is there some incompatibity in such a move? Can it be done?

Don

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3227 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:10 PM

Is there some incompatibity in such a move? Can it be done?

No incompatibility, of course it can be done. Unfortunately, "it failed", is not descriptive enough. So, you ran File->Restore and got some kind of error? Typically, one points to the backup file (copied from laptop) as source and then chooses destination folder (where to restore to). If a database with the same name exists in the destination ....you will be prompted for it to be overwritten. Then the opening of the restored database occurs within the program. Problems cause error messages. Share those.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N