2 replies to this topic

#1 purple

purple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

I use a fact type "Anecdote" sometimes to record paragraph length tidbits. I was pretty sure I could include these in a narrative report, but I'll be darned if I can figure out how!

Is there a sentence variable for the fact note?

If not, how do others handle these things? An example I have is some information about a place that one of my relatives worked. I wanted to say something about the company, when he worked there and what type of job he held in the context of his other facts in the narrative.

Thanks in advance.

Jane

#2 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Jane,

Try the fact "Miscellaneous".

It supports "Notes".  This fact is supported in reports.  If you have extensive Notes, go to the fact list entry.  There you can turn note printing on or off for reports as desired.

There has been prior discussion on the maximum size of text added to note, but I don't recall the limits.  I think it is several pages.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6212 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

There is no variable to include the Note field in a sentence template. The report settings give the option to include the Note or not. It follows the event sentence.

If, however, you have put your text into the Description field, the variable is [description]. Unfortunately, that field is unsuited to more than 100 characters because of truncation in export or import.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.