• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 danslater

danslater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

I love your MyRootsMagic web publisher!  It is great.  Would it be possible to have one more text box available in the Settings, Home Page tab?  Something for text that would appear between Links and Contact on the published home page?

Right now we are limited to either having the picture first then Introduction, or Introduction then picture, after which the Links (Index of Names, Pedigree Chart) appear and then my Contact info.  That's great!

But it would be nice to be able to add more text after the Links.  Maybe slightly smaller font (optional).

Something for additional notes like:  "New James SMITH photos added today", or "New bloodline discovered - see xxxx" or any kind of note different from the Introduction and in an expandable text box to keep a running blog.

Thanks,

Dan Slater

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6179 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

I think it would be a great idea. Better yet might be the ability to include a gadget to take a Twitter or Facebook feed, something like POWR.IO Plugins. Then the home page could be updated frequently with content that is easily published on a popular platform and distributed more widely, subscribed to, etc.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8375 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:49 AM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list.

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MyRootsMagic, website, home page, text box, settings, publish online