7 replies to this topic

#1 tmduffy52

tmduffy52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

Many of my ancestors, when using the RM7 FamilySearch feature, will show the temple ordinance icon of a exclamation point, meaning "Reserved". When looking at the actual ordinance data within RM7 or at the FamilySearch website, there are no reserved ordinances, instead the ordnance status is "Needs More Information", such as this example -  "Needs More Information, this person's record needs a standardized place in a birth, christening, death, burial, cremation, or marriage event."

Shouldn't the RM7 icon be the picture of a padlock? The description for this icon is "Need More Information"

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 6651 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:22 AM

Go to File>FamilySearch Central and login. Then leave it open so the ordinance statuses can update. If you do something else in RootsMagic off that screen it won't update. I usually leave mine open overnight. You will see the number on the screen change as it is updating.  

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 tmduffy52

tmduffy52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Renee,

Thank you for your prompt reply. When I open up my RM7 FamilySearch Central it tells me that 1874 of my 1888 individuals have new information. This is probably because I recently imported my data from another program. But I still see where a "Reserved" temple icon is  showing up even though nothing is reserved, but according to FamilySearch there is needed information, which I assume should be the padlock icon.

Ted

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 6651 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

I've never seen a padlock icon in the FT API. You can open a support ticket and tell us the person to look at, we cans see if we can find out what the issue is. They might need a backup to look at too.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 tmduffy52

tmduffy52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

Renee,

Thank you for your continued and what seems to be never ending support. I'm going to try and clarify my confusion here.

In RM7 Help there is described 4 temple ordinance icons: Green Arrow (Ready), Blue Check Mark (Completed), Exclamation Point (Reserved or In Process), and A Padlock ( Need More Information).

When using the pedigree view I see Blue Check Marks, Exclamation Points, and Green Arrows, but no Padlocks. When I open the FamilySearch Person Tool and locate some of my ancestors that have ordinances in progress or reserved, they have the small padlock icon. But when I view these people in the pedigree view they have the Exclamation Point icon. This seems inconsistent.

Is it by design that the Exclamation Point icon on the pedigree view represents both icons on the FS Person Tool (reserved & needs more information)?

Also, the Help chart for these icons seems to be incorrect. It says the Exclamation Point represents "Reserved or In Progress" and the Padlock means "Needs More Information" but in my RM7 when using the FS Person Tool it is quite the opposite. When filtering for People With Reserved ordinances they all show a padlock icon. Go figure.

Maybe I am over analyzing the icons.

OK, I just read Getting the Most Out of RM7 and on page 332 it does explain what icons appear on the pedigree chart and it does not show the padlock. This is different than the electronic Help within the program itself. Still not sure why there is no Padlock on the pedigree view.

#6 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3227 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

2017-05-10_221841.jpg

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 6651 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:41 PM

Very interesting, I obviously have not paid a lot of attention to those icons. They aren't consistent. I have written it up and sent it to development. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 tmduffy52

tmduffy52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

Renee,

Thank you for your post. I'm just glad to know I wasn't crazy.