#1 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

Hello Customer Service Representative:

I thought a real time saver for people using auto match.  After a person working in Roots has auto matched their family, and there are still people left over, who have not received the blue family tree matched up symbol, it would be great to do the auto match again with the advanced setting chosen for all of them at the same time.

Sandra

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

I am assuming you are referring to the FamilySearch tool. Advanced Automatch settings could prove very dangerous. Automatch will only do pretty close if not exact matches. With expanded features you could start automatching and have matches that become meaningless. Somethings need a human eye to determine. With expanded criteria which of the potential possible matches would you select?

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

Hi Renee:  

I appreciate your reply.  

I would like the auto-matches to do advanced matches based on the mentioned mother or father or the spouse of the person that needs matching.  

Also if the person is not being matched because they are living could that be indicated in the sidebar so I don't have to click on it to know they are still living?

Thanks,

Sandra

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:21 AM

You could color-code all your living people so you can spot them in the lists. Or you can use the top level filter and select a group you made of everyone that is deceased. That way it filters out the living. 

Renee
RootsMagic