• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Welmby

Welmby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Legacy hadls an option that when you manual merge it will start to find matches in that line until it cant find anymore. What would be awesome is if rm did something similar but with one person at a time making one giant omlet before heading up to a parent then continuing like this till all possible matches are untangled. I am working with multiple geds with a lot of overlap so in my adhd brain this makes sense but the linear paet of it all says run the line but then you dont know if you got them all.

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3557 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Any functionality to help merge individuals is very welcome to me and should be to other users. I believe this as after almost 30 years of working with computer genealogy I know individuals who are the same but have resulted from differing research are inevitable.

I wasn't aware that a competitor had this functionality but such an approach seems perfectly logical and should be programmed. If the human was to merge a father he/she would naturally look at the corresponding descendants of each so Rootsmagic should do the same as a priority.

Recently I have been working to merge many marriage events and Duplicate Search merge does not always catch the spouse as an obvious "are these the same person" and it should, otherwise duplication and loss of database integrity results.

Keeping ones customers and their important views at a distance is never a good approach

User of Family Historian 7.0.3, Rootsmagic 7.6.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#3 Welmby

Welmby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

I bet bruce and the gang could come up with something better.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8793 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:53 AM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic