4 replies to this topic

#1 MrChips

MrChips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hi everyone

I've come a cross an unusual place name in my data which means nothing to me. Is there a way I can get a list of people where a selected place name has been used?

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

Lists->Place List. Then highlight the place in question and Print.

Jerry

#3 MrChips

MrChips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

Many thanks Jerry

#4 Keith110348

Keith110348

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

Hi Jerry, excuse the jumping in on this. I'm a new user in England and have a related question. Is there an easy way to find people at an address place without knowing the city place?

If I have a place address that I know exists and I want to find which people are associated with it but I don't know which city the address is in, a place search won't help as I don't know the place name to start with. So, what I've been doing is a 'search everywhere' and the search result does find the address with a link to the 'place detail' but what I need is a link to the people in the database that I have associated with the address. The ''search everywhere' will have given me the city, so what I'm doing is going into Reports> Lists> Place List and printing (on screen) a report for the city I want. The report includes the individual addresses for that city and shows all persons linked to each address within that city. 

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and I would very much appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Keith

#5 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

Hi Jerry, excuse the jumping in on this. I'm a new user in England and have a related question. Is there an easy way to find people at an address place without knowing the city place?

Do a search on Any Fact -> Place -> Contains -> 221B Baker Street (or whatever address you are looking for). If you enter addresses into the Place Details field, then do the same search on Place Details instead of Place. As another idea, this is a search where the easiest way to do it is probably Find Everywhere, in which case you are only searching on 221B Baker Street without regard to where it is stored.

The easiest way to initiate a standard search is usually with the looking glass icon in the toolbar. For FInd Everywhere, the easiest way is usually with the Search -> Find Everywhere option on the menu bar.

Jerry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: place name