• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lavaphoenix

lavaphoenix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

In RootsMagic version 7.2.3.0 for Microsoft Windows, I am unable to create a family task.

In the toolbar, the 'Edit to-do items' icon (the one that looks like a sticky note with a pin in it) does not have the family to-do task option when clicking it.

I watched this video https://youtu.be/15_5MVnRy6A?t=7m54s on how to add a family to-do task. The family option that is shown in this video after clicking the 'Edit to-do items' icon on the toolbar is not listed in my RootsMagic.

Has this feature been obsoleted in version 7? Is this a bug? Am I just missing something?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Abram

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8369 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

If the To-Do icon is not on the toolbar then right click on the toolbar. Select Customize>Command>Edit and then drag the To-Do list icon to the toolbar and release it. Click on it and select To-Do List to add general To-Do items.

To add a person or family To-Do item you will want to click on the To-Do button on their Edit Person screen. You can select a person or a family they belong in. Once the to-do's are added you can view them by clicking the To-Do icon in the toolbar, along with the other general To-Do items. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 lavaphoenix

lavaphoenix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

Thank you so much. I found how to add a family to-do item in the edit person screen as you mentioned.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: family, task, to-do, list, bug