3 replies to this topic

#1 Leah

Leah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

I have a person in rootsmagic that at one time must have been matched to an individual in FamilySearch. The FamilySearch ID no longer seems to exist (I'm guessing the individual was merged at one point because I have found him under a different ID).

The problem is that I cannot seem to unmatch the person in Rootsmagic.

In the FamilySearch Person Tools screen both the Find Matches and Share Data screens freeze up for several minutes, and eventually come back with the error 'HTTP/1.1 410 Gone'.

I can't seem to close the message with the OK button, and it seems the only option is to forcibly quit RM.

I'm on the latest RM 7 on a Mac.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:25 AM

See if you can view the person under a family member's relationships on their Share Data tab.  Then you can click on the FamilySearch icon that is matched to the person (on the FamilySearch side) and select "Remove match (with the RootsMagic person)".

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Leah

Leah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

I can't seem to do that. There is a person on the familysearch side but it is not matched to my person. I see that I am able to select to match and then merge that familysearch person to the one mine is matched too, but when I try I get the error :
"Unable to merge persons

System denied the merge"

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:10 AM

You will need to check the two FamilySearch IDs on their website. Look to see if one is still marked living or the sex is different. If you try the merge on FamilySearch it may give you a reason why it cannot be done. 

Also check the person you have matched in RootsMagic. Open their FamilySearch Person Tools to see if the FamilySearch ID is actually still there. You may need to click UnMatch on the Share Data tab to remove the bad id and then match them to the good one on FamilySearch.

Renee
RootsMagic