• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MarkHagens

MarkHagens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

Any information that I have entered in the fact 'Residence (family)' does not make it to the gedcom file when I use the 'export Gedcom' function. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Kind Regards,
Mark Hagens

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3521 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

This is just a guess, but I suspect that you are looking at one of the children to see if they have the Residence (family) fact in the GEDCOM. They do not. Only the parents have the fact in the GEDCOM. The same thing happens with Census (family) or any other family fact.

There is a sense in which family facts in RM are not really family facts. Rather, they are what you might call spouse facts or couple facts or whatever. From the point of view of GEDCOM, RM's family facts are associated with FAMS records and not with FAMC records.

Jerry

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8412 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

You also need both individuals in the couple to be in the exported GEDCOM for it to be included.

The other thing to check is under Lists>Fact Type List is if the Residence (fam) fact is marked to be included in GEDCOM exports.

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 MarkHagens

MarkHagens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:12 AM

Found it!!
Renee and C24M48, Thank you both for your suggestions. Digging into this further, I found the following.

RM places the regular residences in the 'individual's structure':

0 @I1@ INDI

1 RESI

2 DATE ...

2 PLAC ....
2 ADDR ...

And places family residences in the 'family structure':

0 @F1@ FAM

1 HUSB @I1@

1 WIFE @I2@

1 RESI

2 DATE ...

2 PLAC ....
2 ADDR ...

The website that imports the Gedcom, only interprets residences that are part of the individual structure, not the family structure.. 

Looking at the gedcom 5.5 standard it appears that RESI should only be used in the individual structure (not in the family structure), so it would be better if RM, during the creation of the gedcom file would place a 'residence' in each of the individual structures of the spouses. 

Kind Regards,
Mark Hagens

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8412 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:30 AM

I believe there is a SQLite Tool for that. Maybe Tom Holden will get on and confirm that.

http://sqlitetoolsfo...5714e17faf910ff

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6213 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

Here is a process that would convert your 'family' events to 'individual': http://sqlitetoolsfo...d to Individual

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#7 MarkHagens

MarkHagens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:08 AM

Renee, Tom,
Thank you both for your suggestions. I will look into using the SQLite workaround.

Kind Regards,
Mark Hagens

#8 KFN

KFN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Just to be accurate, yes GEDCOM v5.5 does not contain RESI fact in tha Family_Record, but if you support v5.5.1 the Family_Record contains a RESI fact. I would not suggest placing a RESI that is in the Family_Record into the Spouces Individual_Record.