• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 History Hunter

History Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

I have some images of the 1916 Canadian Census of the Prairie Provinces.

The closest template to use is the following:

Census, Canada (online images)
Online images, Evidence style; Place and year as lead source list elements

Ref: [EE, sec 6.50, p 302]

The reference to the Evidence Explained book (shown below) indicates that the template may not designed to allow one to follow EE when images are downloaded from the LAC itself, but when downloaded via Ancestry.ca. What template does one use for images sourced via the LAC site? Is it something for which I need to construct a custom template? My inquiries on the Evidence Explained site seem to indicate that this might be the case.

Online Images

Source List Entry

Canada. Saskatchewan. Battleford. 1911 census of Canada. Database with images. Ancestry.ca. http://www.ancestry.ca:2015.

First Reference

Note 1. 1911 census of Canada, Battleford, Saskatchewan, population schedule, enumeration district (ED) 15, subdistrict 19, p. 2, dwelling 30, family 30, Wm. Leo Jeffcoat; image, Ancestry.ca (http://www.ancestry .ca: accessed 1 April 2015); citing Library and Archives Canada microfilm T-20326 through T-20460.

Subsequent Note

11. 1911 census of Canada, Battleford, Saskatchewan, pop. sch., ED 15, subdist. 19, p. 2, dwell. 30, fam. 30, Wm. Leo Jeffcoat.

(Mills, Elizabeth Shown. Evidence Explained: Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace (Page 307). Elizabeth Shown Mills. Kindle Edition.)

#2 bgellisshapiro

bgellisshapiro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

You can make a copy of the source template which you can modify to fit your needs.   Lists>Source Templates> copy

I tend to simplify my sources by lumping things together, so I move some fields that were originally in the static part of the source template, down to the variable part.

#3 History Hunter

History Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

Ok. Thank you. I'll get the bugs worked out of my "type-case" Footnote etc. per EE format, then construct a custom template by the copy and edit method you suggest. I'm actually rather surprised that so few people seem to use the LAC directly and that there isn't already a template available.