4 replies to this topic

#1 Skampp

Skampp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

Hi All,

Is there a way to generate a report based on a specific source?  For instance I have tons of linked and unlinked individuals and I think it would be helpful to pull up, say, all individuals with the source of "Census, 1860, Georgia, Emanuel County" (or other existing source).  Bonus would be all "Martin" or other criteria but I'd settle for all individuals.

I know there are other ways to do this for that example ("who was where" list) but there are other sources as well that I'd benefit from using this sort of report.

Thanks in advance,

Skampp

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5342 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

Lists > Source List > select source > Print > Print a single source > select "Citation details" plus any other info you want. 

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Skampp

Skampp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

Thanks TomH, you're truly a saint.

#4 bgellisshapiro

bgellisshapiro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

Another option for a report is to use the Individual report, selecting names by a group. 

Select group:  New group> Find> Any fact - Source - Bibliography contains - "text of name of source"

Check each name then click OK.  Give the group a name.  Then use that group to print an Individual List.

#5 Skampp

Skampp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

Brilliant, bgellisshapiro!  Thanks!