• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JKR

JKR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

I'm having a problem with connecting media.

I've uploaded a photo into my media file and when linking the photo through "Add new media", it won't link.  All I get is a red box, like a frame, around where the photo should be seen.

I've linked photos before and have never run into this before.  What's happening?

#2 dawnbeeks

dawnbeeks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

Usually that happens, when you are saving a document, but you left the media type, Image, instead of selecting, File, from drop down menu.  I had that happen to me alot when I first started :-)

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

If it's an image use the Media Type: Image then it will display the thumbnail. If you use one of the other options no thumbnail will appear.

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 JKR

JKR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

Thank you both for your help but, it's not working.  I do use the image type and all I get is the red frame and no photo.

Any other suggestions?

#5 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3551 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

Can you not drag and drop the files from windows explorer to the persona Media Album?

I can't think what would be going wrong except what has already been highlighted, a red box is normal around a selected file in Media Album, what happens if you double click it, click View/Edit or look at its properties?

Keeping ones customers and their important views at a distance is never a good approach

User of Family Historian 7.0, Rootsmagic 7.6.3

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

Open the image in Irfanview and make sure it wasn't saved as a JPG2000. RM cannot read those. Save it as a true JPG file.

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

What format are the image files. I mostly use JPG and PNG and have no viewing issues. There are possibly some formats that RM doesn't recognize for viewing.

#8 JKR

JKR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:06 PM

Thank you All!!!!!

It was originally set as a PNG so I saved it over to JPG and it worked like a charm.  I've not had any problems in the past with a PNG but I suppose there is always that one time.  Maybe something got a little mixed up in the coding.

Thank you all again.  Y'all have made my day, week!