• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aggie59

Aggie59

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Over a year ago i requested that you restore the automatic sorting of Source Names that existed in RootsMagic 3.  Nothing has happened and I've received no response of whether it will happen in future releases.  Please respond with status.

Tom Reddin

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

This is on the enhancement request list. Priority for development is on the Ancestry Sync feature right now. After that I cannot tell you what will be released. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 ketchell

ketchell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

Sorry to hear. Ancestry sync holds little interest to me. Most Ancestry.com trees are undocumented with the exception of easily found documents like census.Thus they hold little value. I guess it must be important to some RM users. Just putting in my opinion.

#4 JimDavis79

JimDavis79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:44 PM

Ketchell, I'm one of those eagerly awaiting the Ancestry sync.  Not to try to change your mind, but here's why I'd like that capability:

-- Ancestry.com constantly buys new digital data and puts them into the mix.  Their servers operate in the background trying to match that information to the people in my tree.  I then am notified and can evaluate.  This matching occurs across several Ancestry-associated platforms, such as newspapers.com and fold3.com.  I've had three brick walls busted in the last year from more difficult sources like arrival lists that arrived via hints.

-- the huge user base of Ancestry, precisely because it is so easy to use, puts me in touch with people around the world searching the same lines.  The DNA connections have led to many cousins, some living within a few miles of me that I didn't know existed!

I think RM7 is pretty darn good, and I hope your sorting restoration gets implemented soonest.

Best regards, Jim

"When you shake my family tree, nuts fall out."