• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpowell

cpowell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

I have been through the ringer with RM Support and Apple.  Both say it's the others problem.  Has anyone had any issues with freezing up, index out of bounds, pointer issues, and other numerous pop-ups?  I cannot see nor re-do a publisher book I had done in RM6.  I was told my brand new "Mac" is the issue.  When I called them, they said it's the program RM. They pulled up many issues Mac users running the OS Sierra have had with RM7. Everything works on the Mac except this program.  Anyone who has found a correct way to solve this please let me know.  It's been re-installed, the Mac was checked and is clear of issues, the file itself has been removed and re-installed......thanks!  

#2 dixieau

dixieau

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

You could just give up like me and wait for a freestanding mac version. Seriously I had those problems and have not solved them.

#3 Rooty

Rooty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

See the thread on RM7 and Sierra issues. You need the latest version of Sierra 10.12.3 and of the crossover bottle AND RM7. Renee had clear instructions on a fresh install that updates both components. This seemed to solve most people's issues.

We all want a real native version but the crossover approach has worked surprisingly well as a short-term fix.

#4 jpk_01

jpk_01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

Its a mess. Have followed instructions for complete uninstall - program starts to open then immediately closes. Unable to do any work and No one is in the office. Instructions are clear but not adequate.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

The RootsMagic staff was attending RootsTech last week. We will open at 8:00 am MT this morning.

Phone: 801-489-3102 - Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm (MT)

Renee
RootsMagic