• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 izzybelle

izzybelle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:11 PM

I am new to syncing and am wondering how I update my rmgc file on my ipad.  I loaded it several months ago onto my ipad and am now wanting to update it with the newer information I have in my d/b on my pc.   I used itunes to load my file originally.  Do I follow the same process as when I originally loaded the data and will it automatically sync my new data to my ipad file when I touch"sync" in itunes?   Or do I need to delete the file from my ipad and reload it? Or is there a different process I should use.  

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7303 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

I use Dropbox so I'm not good with iTunes. You can't go wrong deleting the file from the iPad and reloading it. Then do exactly what you did before to load it.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

I am new to syncing and am wondering how I update my rmgc file on my ipad.  I loaded it several months ago onto my ipad and am now wanting to update it with the newer information I have in my d/b on my pc.   I used itunes to load my file originally.  Do I follow the same process as when I originally loaded the data and will it automatically sync my new data to my ipad file when I touch"sync" in itunes?   Or do I need to delete the file from my ipad and reload it? Or is there a different process I should use.

What I have done is create a new file name whenever I re-sync. Perhaps add the current date to your "normal" file name as this will be a reminder of when you re-synced. Then use iTunes to add the new file to the RM app, and then when you start the app, you can select which file to open. If you want to delete an older file, just select it in the list of files associated with each RM app in iTunes and hit the delete key.