3 replies to this topic

#1 salconflu

salconflu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

When I run a Direct line Descendancy report it indents each generation until there is only one character space in each line, resulting in many pages of a single vertical line of text.  Is there a way to control this behavior?  It would be nice if it reset on each page or something. 

It would also be nice if there were subheadings for multiple lines of descendancy.  As a long-time user I believe RM is the best for data entry and database stability, but the reports could be better for sharing data if there was more control of the output.

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

Do you mean the Reports - Lists - Descendant List report?

I think the default indent was set to 8 or 10 when I first started using that report (seems like years ago). I changed the indent to 5 characters, and I've never had to re-set it. That took care of my concerns about the reports shifting too far rightward on the page.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5988 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

The size of the indent is a control on the settings screen for the Descendant List report. Mine was last set to 3.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 salconflu

salconflu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:35 PM

By eliminating place names in the details I was able to get a much better result.  Thanks for the suggestions!