Here are the steps I take to share a fact with a family (parents and children):
- In Edit Person screen, click the Share button for a particular fact (such as census, immigration, custom facts)
- In the "Select People" window, click "Add multiple people"
- Type a last name, comma, then first name
- Check mark that person
- Under "Family members" select the spouse then click "Go to selected person"
- Check mark the spouse
- Still in that family, click the first child then click "Go to selected person"
- Check mark the child
- Repeat #7-8 for each child
That it would be easier to select multiple children without having to click "Go to selected person" then check mark the person, "Go to selected person" then check mark the person, etc. It's a lot of extra clicking when families have numerous children and large families with more than one spouse.
It would be time-saving with a lot less back-and-forth clicking if the selections could be made directly in the "Family members" panel. Suggestions to make selecting easier:
- Have selection boxes in the "Family members" panel
- Have a way to highlight and select a row of children to be shared (Shift/click and Ctrl/click)
- Birth/death dates could be listed after each name displayed as Family members - under "Spouses & Children" and "Parents & Siblings" - to help pick the correct child when first names are the same.
P.S. I didn't find this wish already wished for in the list of wishes for RootsMagic 7.