8 replies to this topic

#1 Sooty

Sooty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

Just a couple of things I would find useful -

- With 'Alternate Name' and Name Type I would love to see Baptismal added - I seem to have people who have a slightly different baptismal name to their registered birth name - often with Catholics it is their Saint name

- Under the Index List of Names and Options I would love to see Show Death Year as well as Show Birth Year - would be handy to use to work out just who needs more research

- Under Tools - Date Calculator I would love to see a gestational calendar even if just based on an average of 40 weeks - this is very handy to work out just what a couple were up too - maybe my mind just works that way but believe it or not a number of babies conceived on board long voyages to New Zealand in cramped Cattle Class/Steerage conditions.  

Otherwise very happy

Christine

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7956 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:31 PM

1. Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. For now you can use AKA and add to notes the type of name it is.

2. Are you referring to the Sidebar Index?  That is also on the enhancement request list. 

3. You can already do this in the Date Calculator. Enter the marriage or birth date and under Age type 9 m. Maybe 10 m is closer. It will tell you when the start date was. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3202 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

3. You can already do this in the Date Calculator. Enter the marriage or birth date and under Age type 9 m. Maybe 10 m is closer. It will tell you when the start date was. 

Just to expand of what Renee said, hit the little Calendar button alongside the date, enter the birthdate in End Date, Tab, type "40w" (to use your example), Tab again then click Select Start Date.

Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle. ...

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.7.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#4 Sooty

Sooty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:34 PM

Thank you so much

1/ Re Baptismal Name - love to hear this is on the enhancement request list

2/ Are you referring to the Sidebar Index?  That is also on the enhancement request list. - Yes that is correct the Sidebar Index - I would be happy if I couldn't read all the name of the person but if I could see birth and death would give me a list of those needing more work - otherwise I have a lot of centenarians !

3/  Thank you so much for the 9 month/10 month and 40 week suggestions for the calendar - works well

Christine

Te Puke

New Zealand

#5 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3388 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:35 PM

Yes that is correct the Sidebar Index - I would be happy if I couldn't read all the name of the person but if I could see birth and death would give me a list of those needing more work - otherwise I have a lot of centenarians !

As an aside, the View->People view (People tab in the main screen) ALSO has sortable names, birth and death columns, ETC. that together are convenient to help notice and edit those needing work, too.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#6 joeduea

joeduea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

Along this same topic regarding the calendar.  Not sure how many other people would be interested in this but it would be nice to have an option to export birthday's, wedding anniversaries, things like that to an iCal file to be possibly imported into something like Outlook, Google, etc.  Possibly with an option of selecting only people that are living, or all, or whatever possibilities.  

Thank you,

Joe

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7956 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:52 AM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list.

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3202 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:11 AM

Renee, just on the topic of Date Tools and I believe this is on the enhancement list but maybe you could confirm?

I almost always use the Date Calculator and Calendar always opens on Calendar, for those like me it would be nice if it would open on the last used tab preferring the users method of use.

Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle. ...

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.7.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7956 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

Confirming that is on the enhancement request list.

Renee
RootsMagic