• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 robertjm

robertjm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

I've had RM7 for about a year now. But, this is the first time I've really spent much time playing with it.

One thing that seems to be missing is a dedicated Bibliography report, like there is for Sources or Repositories. Sure, I could print the Source List. But, that includes a ton of useless information when what i want is a bibliography.

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1467 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

As a source lumper, I would say that the list of my Master Sources _is_ essentially my bibliography. For a source splitter, this would not be the case, at all. I do like to include both Endnotes and Bibliography in my printed reports, and I would also like to be able to include a list of Repositories for those reports. We used to be able to do that in Family Origins, but it got dropped somewhere along the way. Sure wish it would be added back into RM....

#3 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:54 AM

One way to have a Bibliography report is to copy or use the part of the Family Group Sheet report, making sure the Bibliography is checked in the options...

2nd way for me is to use a form from the menu

1. Reports then
  2. Research Reports then
  3. Research Notes

A lot of users do not like this report, you may also feel this way.  Then I would set up a Custom Report your title Bibliography.  How to use Custom Reports?

Webinar = http://rootsmagic.com/Webinars/ #9.  Says for RM 3 but is the same setup in RM 7 current revision.

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bibliography, Rootsmagic, lists