• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Robinson

Richard Robinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:54 PM

How do I simply print a Scrapbook of all photos collected in Media? Thank you!

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:34 AM

This capability isn't really built in to RM, but there is a way to achieve your goal. If you have a LOT of photos, this may become a time-consuming task. This capability is mentioned in the RM What's New list, but I coudn't find a description of it in the RM Help nor in the online Support, Knowledge Base, Magic Guides or Webinars. If it's there, maybe Renee can add that info....

This procedure will only work for image files (JPG, PNG, etc.) and not for other types (DOC, PDF, XLS, MPG, etc.)

Create a dummy person. Name it something like Photo Collection as a given and surname.
1 - Open the Edit Person window
2 - Cluck the [Media] button near the top of the screen
3 - The large pane on the left is the Media Album, currently blank
4 - Open a new Windows Explorer window and navigate to the folder where your images are stored
5 - Set your Widows Explorer and RM Media Album windows side-by-side on your monitor (see attached image T_RM_media_photocollection_01.png)
6 - In Windows Explorer select all of your images, using standard Windows selection techniques (click the 1st image, hold Shift, then click the last image) or (click an image, hold Control, then select other non-adjacent images) or (press Ctrl-A to select ALL of the images)
7 - hover over any selected image, left-click-and-hold, then drag over to the RM Media Album (see attached image T_RM_media_photocollection_02.png)
8 - The Media Album will now progressively populate with the selected images. If you have already attached Captions and Descriptions when tagging to other individuals, those will be visible in your new Photo Collection.
9 - If any images are missing Captions or Descriptions, you can add them in this Media Album and they'll then be available wherever those images are also tagged.

Since I have multiple folders to manage my large multimedia collection, I would need to do steps 1-9 for EACH image folder.

Now you can print the Scrapbook for Photo Collection and have one BIG scrapbook.

T_RM_media_photocollection_01.png

T_RM_media_photocollection_02.png

#3 Richard Robinson

Richard Robinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:29 AM

:) THANK YOU zhangrau for your well-written, descriptive reply.  I greatly appreciate your time in answering.