4 replies to this topic

#1 R Moosman

R Moosman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

Hi,

I am using Windows 7 Pro and RootsMagic 7 to create a shareable DVD.

Problem is the thumbnail photo in the upper left has a Red X in all photos. Every thing else is fine.

The DVD's I made with RootsMagic 3 do not have the problem.

Checked under Lists/Media Gallery and there are no Red X's in my desktop program.

All pictures are present in the Pictures folder created by the shareable CD program.

Does anyone know how to remove the RED X's?

Thank you

Roger

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8296 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:38 PM

The Red X indicates that the media link is broken. Go to Lists>Media Gallery>Tools>Fix broken media links to relocate and repair the links. Then the Shareable CD will be able to include the media. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 R Moosman

R Moosman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

I did that and there were no broken links. (RootsMagic 7)

All pictures are present in the RMShareableCD Picture folder.

I just reinstalled RootsMagic 3 and made a shareable DVD using the same data base used for v7 - there are no Red X's on the photos.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8296 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:01 PM

Where exactly are you seeing this Red x. Is it on the Shareable CD or the database? I'm not following why you are looking at the media on the Shareable CD media folder? The links will be completely different.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 R Moosman

R Moosman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:31 PM

The Red x is on the Shareable CD photos. Looking at Pedigree view, upper left side of screen.

I looked at the Media (RMShareableCD/Pictures) folder on the CD just to verify that the pictures were present on the CD.

My CD has a Main Menu (index.html) from which I select "RMShareableCD/rmmenu.exe" which brings up the RootsMagic Shareable CD Menu. Where you select View Family Tree, then I am presented with the Red X’s on the photos.

Problem found to be when the RootsMagic Shareable CD Menu is not the starting program on the CD.

I solved my problem with RootsMagic 7 by changing the CD start program.

Thank you for your help