• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

I am trying to figure out the best way to use source/citation/event photos when publishing online on MyRootsmagic.

I want be able to show event photos (one per event) for some events - without showing all the source photos. I have too many source photos, which makes the file too large. Ideally, I'd like to also be able to show photos tagged to a citation (one photo per citation), but I don't see them ever showing on the website,  even if Primary Photos is not checked.

Primary Photos needs to be unchecked in the website Settings dialog to get the event photos, but then all the other photos, including all the source photos, try to load.

If I uncheck the "include in scrapbook for this source" when editing the tags for every source photo, I can get what I want. Is this the only way? I haven't been using scrapbooks for anything else yet, but I hate to remove them all if I want to later use scrapbooks.

If I do need to remove all the source photos from the scrapbook, do I have to do each photo one by one? Is there an easier way?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6213 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:06 PM

Within RM, you have to edit the scrapbook checkbox one at a time.

A SQLite script could do them all in a second.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:42 PM

Thanks 

I have used a couple of the SQLite scripts at http://sqlitetoolsfo...wikispaces.com/ with great effectiveness.

Is there a script available that would change the 'include in scrapbook' checkbox for just the sources and citations? And maybe places?

Sue

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6213 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

The MediaLinkTable has two fields relevant to your question: [IsPrimary] and [Include1]. In my experience, both of them are used as Booleans, i.e., 0=No, 1=Yes. IsPrimary is obvious; Include1 is the "Include in Scrapbook" flag. There are additional Include# fields that appear to be unused.

A third field [OwnerType] enables you to filter on the type of thing to which the record (Media Tag) is linked. Again from past observation:

[OwnerType]
0=Personal 
1=Family 
2=Event 
3=Master Source 
4=Source Details 
5=Place
14=Place Details

So it is very straightforward to set a field according to the type of tag. To unset the Scrapbook flag for Source and Source Details media tags:

BEGIN
;
UPDATE MediaLinkTable SET Include1=0
WHERE OwnerType IN (3,4)
;
COMMIT
;

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:19 PM

Thanks so much!

I'll play around with this in the morning when my brain is fresher.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: website, scrapbook, photos