5 replies to this topic

#1 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:32 PM

Hello

I regularly am working on a named group in my database - and regenerating the online tree for that group for MyRootsMagic. The images are very tiny, which I believe is a known problem after regenerating.

1) will there be a fix soon for this issue? it's a major problem for me in deciding when to make my tree public. I especially care about the source images, which are much to tiny to be of any use.

2) As a test to see what the images look like when first generated, I attempted to create a new tree identical to it (using the same named group, with primary images only). I get the message "The site is too large to publish". The identical online tree is only 11 MB, and I have only one other tree (12 MB). I have tried generating a site with a named group of only one individual and get the same message.

Can you please help with both issues?

Thanks

Sue

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8287 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

The websites combined total is 200 MB. If you have added more media since you last uploaded then that might be why there is not enough space. Maybe you only selected primary photos instead of include all photos. Test uploading without images to see if the cause is the combined images themselves. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

It does have something to do with the images. In the dialog I had checked both Photos and Primary photos only (indented underneath) . I thought that was the way to get only the primary photos. When I check just the Primary Photos box, it uploads fine.

This confuses me, though, for two reasons:

1) the existing online tree that I have - of the same group - regenerates with no problem. On the Settings for that tree, Photos is checked, and Primary Photos is not checked. It is only 12 MB (with only the tiny images of course).

2) when I try to create a website with a named group containing one person, if Photos is checked, I get the same "Site is too large" message (after several long minutes). This particular person has only one image - attached to her parents.

Another problem: in my experimenting, I tried a couple different named groups containing only one person. Each time when a site was generated (with only Primary Photos checked) the site contained only one person - but the wrong person - and the same one each time. After noticing this, I ran all the database tools on my database and tried again. Same result - same wrong person in the website.

#4 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

I need to correct my last message. I said that when I checked just the Primary Photos box, my named-group loaded fine as a website. However, I didn't look at it carefully. It does load,but it's the wrong set of people. It looks like a random set - starting with, under A, the only record that showed up whenever I tried to do a one-person named group.

#5 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:51 AM

I'm sorry to have caused more confusion. I hadn't realized the default in filtering was to Hide the group, rather than Choose the group. So I don't have any filtering problems.

I suspect that the File Too Large message is because of source images 

I still have questions about using and limiting source images when publishing online, but will ask them in another post.

#6 sue3

sue3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:11 AM

I am submitting a ticket about the File Too Large issue. It is happening repeatedly, but not consistently, with carefully created and correctly filtered very small groups.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: online, images