• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MaryB48

MaryB48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:21 PM

For some unknown reason, a person in my database does not show up on the Birthday and Anniversary List.  All the members of her immediate family (parents and siblings) are listed, but this one person is not.  She is a living person and the box "Only include living people" is checked.  Her name does not appear.  If I uncheck that box, her name DOES appear . . . but she is definitely not deceased.  The only "fact" I have entered for her is her birth date.  Any suggestions for getting her on the Birthday List?  Thank you!  

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:20 AM

If you open her Edit Person screen, is the [] Living box checked in the right-hand pane?

#3 MaryB48

MaryB48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

That was it, zhangrau!  Thank you so much!

#4 c24m48

c24m48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2607 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:35 AM

If you open her Edit Person screen, is the [] Living box checked in the right-hand pane?

Interesting.

I seriously doubt it would ever happen, but to me RM's Living flag has so many problems that I have advocated that RM abandon it and replace it with a rules based system for privatization. The failure of this particular person to appear on the birthday list exemplifies the errors that frequently occur in the Living flag. And even absent errors, the Living flag is static rather than dynamic.

A dynamically applied rule could be something like "privatize everybody without a death fact and with a birth fact and who was born after 1910". However, I had forgotten that the Living flag is used for things other than just privatization.

Jerry