• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 opie@ameritech.net

opie@ameritech.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:50 PM

I having difficulties getting some syncing with FamilySearch. I can see the issue is that RootsMagic has a different # associated with the person (L6L4-5FF) than FamilySearch does (LNMF-J1Q). I know that often times, when there has been a discrepency, simply clicking the FamilySearch tree icon in the RootsMagic software updates the ID and all is well.  At this point, RootsMagic is not updating, and just keeps giving me an "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden" error.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

#2 opie@ameritech.net

opie@ameritech.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:56 PM

BTW, if I try to link the person in FamilySearch to the person in RootsMagic, I get an error "Unable to read ft person merge analysis".

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:20 PM

Both of those FamilySearch ID are unavailable to me . That must mean they are living individuals. FamilySearch changed how they handle living individuals. Each user can only see the records they have added on living individuals. For example: The ID you have for your spouse would be different than the one your spouse sees for you. 

On the FamilySearch Person Tools inside RootsMagic click on the Share Data tab and then click the UnMatch button so you are no longer connected to an ID that you cannot see. Then Match to the one that is available for you or add them yourself. If you cannot get to their Share Data tab then go through a relatives Share Data tab and click on the FamilySearch icon by their person's name on the right side. Then select to remove the match. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 opie@ameritech.net

opie@ameritech.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

Thanks Renee.  Yes, this is a living person that I created in FamilySearch.  The UnMatch button was exactly what I needed.  Thanks so much.

Cheers,

Rick