• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kretika

Kretika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

I am unable to burn a shareable CD from the Rootsmagic programme.  I have managed to do it through my own CD burning programme but when I tried to access it on my laptop, which does not have Rootsmagic installed, I got the message that Windows couldn't open it.  I am on Windows 10 and the laptop is Windows Vista.  

I did try a previous shareable CD created in 2009 using Rootsmagic v.3 and this opened with no difficulty on the laptop.

Any suggestions are welcome.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

RootsMagic 6 & 7 will use the default CD burning software driver. I wonder if yours is not compatible?  I don't have any special CD burning software on my Windows 10 and it burned the Shareable CD just fine. Maybe you can change your default program settings back to whatever comes with Windows 10.

On the laptop click on the rmmenu.exe file to launch the Shareable CD version of the program. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Kretika

Kretika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:29 AM

Thank you for the suggestions.  Unfortunately Windows Vista will not open the RMGC file so I cannot access the rmmenu.exe file.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:18 AM

Are you clicking on the database file to open the Shareable CD?  You want to instead click on the rmmenu.exe inside the Shareable CD folder to open it up.

Renee
RootsMagic