7 replies to this topic

#1 Sparro

Sparro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:26 AM

Hi,

I'm approaching a point where I need to upgrade my computer and am thinking of switching to iMac. However, before taking any action I am wondering whether Family Atlas, and Personal Historian, function on the Mac without having to utilise a virtual Windows environment? Any advice on this matter would be appreciated.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7301 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:34 AM

There are Mac versions for Personal Historian and Family Atlas. They will install like any Mac program and run from the dock. Nothing extra is needed. They use the same database files so you can go between the Windows and Mac version without issue. Just use the same registration information you already have.

You can download the Mac versions under each product's download page.

http://rootsmagic.com/download/ 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 joswearingen

joswearingen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

I'm on an IMac, just converted to RootsMagic and added Family Atlas. They both run flawlessly. I had tried several other programs, was not happy with any of them.

#4 ladytoad

ladytoad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:33 PM

I'm trying to download the Family Atlas for Mac and I keep getting Family Historian download. Is there a link problem ?

#5 ladytoad

ladytoad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

Trying to download Family Atlas for Mac - this is what I get . Error 404 - File or Directory not found

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7301 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

Clear you browser cache, then go to the link below to download and install Family Atlas.

http://rootsmagic.co...d/Family-Atlas/

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 ladytoad

ladytoad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

I already have Family Atlas. Can I download the MAC version using my key from windows version ?

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7301 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

Yes, RootsMagic license agreement allows you to install Family Atlas on every computer in your household. Just use the same registration information. 

Renee
RootsMagic