22 replies to this topic

#21 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8653 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

That is so odd. When I was testing this on the Customize Sentence screen the preview shows the full spelling. That is how I thought it would work. Then I notice when I look on the Edit Person screen under the saved Customize Sentence that  its back to abbreviations. I will report the inconsistency to development. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#22 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3487 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:06 AM

Is there a way to add age at marriage?  I believe the default program lists age at death, but I'm not seeing that it shows age at marriage. Is it possible to show this in a default report?

This truncates in the sentence preview pane but I know there is an enhancement request to expand this pane and also show the context of follow-on Notes however it works fine in Narrative reports and may help with what Brenda is trying to achieve.

[couple] <#Couple#was|were> married< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>, [Person:given] was < [Person:Age:plain]> years old and [Spouse:given]< was  [Spouse:Age:plain]>.

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.3, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#23 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3487 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:35 AM

Is there a way to add age at marriage?  I believe the default program lists age at death, but I'm not seeing that it shows age at marriage. Is it possible to show this in a default report?

I should have added that if you Share the witnesses on the marriage as I do then you can modify it further like;

[couple] <#Couple#was|were> married< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>, [OtherPersons] appeared as witness, [Person:given] was< [Person:Age:plain]> years old and [Spouse:given]< was [Spouse:Age:plain]>.

...producing an output like that below;

John Gracey and Annie Woods were married on 25 Dec 1862 at Presbyterian Church (York Street, Alexandra) in Belfast, Antrim, Ireland, Robert Morrison and W Woods appeared as witness, John was 21 years old and Annie was 19.

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.3, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root