• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Saucer419

Saucer419

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:27 AM

Can I use Onedrive, or Google drive, or copy the rmbg file to my Nexus 7 and update my Roots Magic app instead of paying for Dropbox?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5490 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:02 AM

I have a free DropBox account. Do they not offer one any more? I don't think the RM Android app supports any cloud service other than DropBox. And it is the .rmgc file it wants, not the .rmgb. If you can file share between your computer and Nexus and if the RM app supports it, then you should be able to copy the file over but I don't know Android so...

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 c24m48

c24m48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2639 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:12 AM

I have a Dropbox account that is not free, but that is only because the amount of data I store on Dropbox is so humongous. You can get a Dropbox account which is free and which supports a fairly generous amount of data, far more than you would need just to move your RM data from your PC to your RM mobile app.

Jerry

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7162 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

If you have an Android device the only option to move your database is Dropbox. A free Dropbox account gives you 2GB of space. That's plenty for your database. It won't upload the full image files.

If you have a iOS device you can use either Dropbox or iTunes.

Renee
RootsMagic