Is FamilySearch Central down? Usually I get a lot of names in the "what's new" section (sometimes hundreds). The last few days, there have been done .. ?? Thanks,
Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:08 PM
FamilySearch is no longer moving huge amount of data in the background causing so many changes to records. If you had it update since last Monday when the upgrade happened then it probably is really current. I tested an old backup of my database and the "What's New" area did update. So it is working.
Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:58 PM
I came here with the same question as Sandy21. I am not sure it is valid test to try old backup of database (because as you know that might have been caused by under-the-covers stuff). FamilyCentral for me has seen zero changes over 2000 people since last Monday. That doesn't seem correct. I suspect there is a problem (as of last Monday) with whatever technique that FamilyCentral uses to detect "What's New." Just start browsing through your people and find one that has recent changes, for example I see Cecily de Weyland 93Y6-VDD had changes today. So did Amy Ward LZDC-HF6. Frances Eleanor Work LVXJ-FLZ had a child added 30 June. Gerard Spencer 99X2-FK4 had work on July 2nd and 4th. Why don't they show up in FamilyCentral What's New?
Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:52 AM
I'll report it to development to look into.
Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:31 AM
July 8 ....... still no response from development? I am still not getting anything in the What's new area??? Thanks.
Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:57 PM
Sorry to not get back you yesterday. I was testing this and found the updates did work on FamilySearch Central. The ordinances stats would change but not the What's New section. I then clicked the "Reset count" link in that area and it started to update.
Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:49 PM
Can you tell us what to do if we are non-LDS users (so don't see ordinances you are talking about), and when there is no more "Reset count" to click? As Sandy21 & I have told you, since the new foundation there is nothing in the What's New box. No count of people, no "Reset count", etc. I have tried it every other day or so, and usually let it sit there for more than an hour. It used to finish counting up changes in less than an hour (I like the feature on your competitor's product which only takes around a minute to scan through my couple thousand people, and is still detecting changes fine after the new foundation).
Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:52 AM
No "reset count" to click on. ..... nothing is showing in the What's New area.
Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:03 PM
Interesting I had the "Reset Count". Having access to LDS Ordinances status is not necessary. It just showed me what was working. I can think of two things to try. First though make sure you have gone to the FamilySearch,org website add at least logged in there once after the recent upgrade to their system June 27, 2016.
1. Go to File>Database Tools and run all options there in consecutive order. Then go to File>FamilySearch Central and login. Leave the screen open to see if it will update.
2. Open RM and with any view open use the key combo Shift+Ctrl+U, select "Reset Program Settings". Close RM and then reopen. Go to File>FamilySearch Central and login. Leave the screen open a while to see if it begins to update.
Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:19 AM
Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:23 AM
A few more data points for reference.
I'd noticed "What's New" not updating and then found this thread yesterday. I went to FS and made a couple of changes to two of my GG grandparents. Today I came back and found the following:
1) Changes show at "Changes to people I'm Watching" list on FS.
2) Changes show on RM "Family Search Person Tools" Changes tab.
3) Still no update on "What's New". Also, I've never seen "Reset Count" unless "What's New" has entries. Could this be a clue to what's going on? If "What's New" was empty during the June 27 FS outage/update maybe something's not being triggered to check updates???
Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:30 AM
I tried all your solutions ............ no update on Whats New" .......... something seriously wrong here.
Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:09 PM
I went back and restored an old backup (June 1) and when I go to FamilySearch, it is bringing them in on What's New! ........ almost afraid to try any updates ????
I will look these over and then see what happens after I do the Reset count.
Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:07 AM
What's New is still not working. After a restore (old one), it worked once ..... now nothing is showing up in the What's New area.
Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:53 PM
I have that Doug Hogarth opened a support ticket and attached a backup. I can confirm the issue with his database.
But I haven't seen any support ticket with databases from Sandy21 and MarkFullerton. Are you both still having issues?
Here are some questions development is looking for:
1. What computer operating system are you using?
2. What version of RootsMagic do you have?
3. Do you have an LDS Account or FamilySearch Account?
4. Have you run the File>Database Tools - all options in consecutive order on your file?
5. Have you opened RootsMagic and used Ctrl+Shift+U and selected "Reset Program Settings", closed RM and then reopened?
6. Can you temporarily turn off your firewall and antivirus software to test if the updates will begin to start?
7. When did you first notice this issue? Was it working prior to 27 Jun 2016? Has it worked at all since that date?
Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:19 PM
Was not online yesterday, but just submitted ticket with attachment.
6)Yes. For a few minutes and saw now updates.
7) Don't remember exactly but it was after FS update. Yes it was working prior (almost too well - got many "What's New's" as they prepped for the outage). No it has not worked since.
Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:06 PM
MarkFullerton: Update to 18.104.22.168 so we confirm we are testing on the same page.
Which do you have an LDS Account or a FamilySearch Account?
Will it still update if you keep the firewall or antivirus software turned off? Can you test which one is effecting it by turning one back on at a time.
Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:32 AM
Did the update. Turned off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. Still no luck on updates.
I have a FamilySearch Account.
Thanks for your efforts.
Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:30 PM
I think we have all the info we need now for development. Still not sure if its on the RootsMagic side or FamilySearch, so we will work together on this.