• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RosieBlake

RosieBlake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:20 PM

I am fortunate/blessed to have traced my tree back further than the 1837 beginning of civil registration in the UK.  Therefore 99.9% of my dates are the church-recorded baptism/christening, marriage, and burial (rather than birth and death).

In the left-hand panel index, only the birth years show up.  So I have huge gaps next to people with the same name (25 John Haywoods and counting!) who can only be recognised by their christening date, as they didn't have a birth date recorded.

Are there plans for the Index to show christening dates where there is no birth date?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

Meantime, the Name column within the People view tab can be sorted ascending and descending alphabetically and gaps of like-named individuals can be examined for differentiating data.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8314 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6145 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:46 PM

Add Birth event with date "Before" christening date. After all, it is just the year that is shown

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.