• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KHH

KHH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:21 AM

I've added two photos so far and when I did a chart type test to see what they looked like, the images were distorted on the wall chart and fine on the box chart. Why is that? What is the best image size to add in RootsMagic 7? And how do I attach an image here to show what I'm seeing? I'm using a MAC. And is there anyway to color code a box on the box chart to denote male and female, like the timeline chart? That would be great for the wall chart I need to create.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8369 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:09 AM

I don't have a best image size. The thumbnail you see for the primary photo for the person should have same ratio as the wall chart image. If the image is wider than taller then it will go out of shape. The wall chart should use the full resolution after printing.  For color-coding you can do that before hand in the program color-coding males and females. In the Wall Chart setting you check the box to "Print Color Coding".

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 KHH

KHH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:38 AM

Thank you. The images I'm using are oval shaped from a previous ancestory program, so they are taller than wider. How do I attach an image here for you to see what I'm seeing?

#4 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3444 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

Thank you. The images I'm using are oval shaped from a previous ancestory program, so they are taller than wider. How do I attach an image here for you to see what I'm seeing?

Upload your image to a photosharing service such as postimage.org -or- imgur.com ETC. then paste the direct link in a post on this thread. This forum software is configured to disallow directly embedding of images

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N