• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bvanpelt

bvanpelt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:25 PM

I have duplicate spouses and can't delete one without deleting both and all of their family.

I wanted to show a screen capture here, but Can't see how.

Bruce

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3288 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:40 PM

Sounds like you have that spouse linked twice. Right-click on individual and click Unlink->From spouse.
That should leave the spouses linked just once time instead of twice.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:42 PM

The first thing to do is to confirm whether the person who appears to be duplicate has been entered into the RM database one time and linked twice to his or her spouse, or whether the person who appears to be duplicate has been entered into the RM database twice. To make this determination, use Tools -> File Options -> Number to display after name -> Record number (RIN). Having done so, look at the occurrences of the person who appears to be duplicate and report back whether the Record Numbers is the same or different for the two occurrences.The remediation that's required is different in the two cases.

Jerry

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:58 AM

Here are the links to the webinar and magic guide on Fixing Incorrect Family Links.

40. Fixing Incorrect Family Links in RootsMagic
http://www.rootsmagic.com/webinars/

7. Fixing Incorrect Family Links
http://rootsmagic.com/guides/

Renee
RootsMagic