22 replies to this topic

#21 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:07 AM

RM Charting does not support unicoding. This is on the development list. You will need to change the language settings in Windows to display Cyrillic characters on the wall chart. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#22 tanka

tanka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:15 PM

Thanks, Renee! It is good to know that this is on the development list. I see that RM Charting has Hebrew and Chinese fonts, but strangely not Cyrillic.

I am using a Mac, and my system already supports Cyrillic characters, but not in the RM Charting. Is there anything I can do to fix the RM Charting issue? Or do I need to wait until the development takes care of it? 

Thanks again!

#23 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3593 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:05 AM

Be aware that an item being on the development list is not the same thing as a commitment to include the item in a future release.

That being said, I think I remember Renee saying (perhaps several years ago) that RM Charting would undergo a rewrite. I don't work for RM and I don't know if said rewrite would be included in RM8 or if it might appear even further down the road. RM does not announce these sort of things in advance. I certainly don't think this is the sort of thing that would be addressed before RM8 is out the door because there is such a high priority on RM8.

Jerry