• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kathy in Georgia

Kathy in Georgia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

Provide options for disputed or disproved facts so that a user can make a report omit the facts or can make a report label the facts as disputed or disproved.

It's not helpful for a user to carefully document which reported info is wrong if the software then prints the wrong info as if it were right, with nothing on the report indicating the information is wrong. At present, a disproved fact prints on any report as if it were just a perfectly acceptable alternate fact, with no indication that the fact has been researched and disproved; the only way to leave the wrong info off a report is to mark the disputed/disproved fact as a private fact and set private facts not to print. A user may prefer to document the incorrect info on a report, rather than just leaving it off. (My grandfather changed his birthdate to accommodate what he wanted to do: made himself 5 years older when he wanted to join the army, made himself younger when he wanted to work past retirement age. I want to document the different birthdates for other researchers without just completely suppressing them as private facts.)

But whether we get options to suppress printing at will on an individual fact basis, I think Roots Magic needs to change from the current report default: where it prints disproved facts exactly as if they convey perfectly accurate info. 

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7956 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:03 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: disputed facts, disproven facts, private