2 replies to this topic

#1 chriswilshaw

chriswilshaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:36 AM

HI

Hope I'm post in the correct place.  I haven't used my Rootsmagic charts for a while, but I've jus opened one and tried to print preview and also print and I keep getting the above message.  Can anyone help.  I can open the charts ok, and edit them but that's it!

Thanks

Christine

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1173 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:52 AM

Yiu are correct, there are some important differences between the free Essentials version and full version of RootsMagic. Consider all of the other features you'll unlock if you upgrade:  http://www.rootsmagi...c/Features.aspx

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:53 AM

If your RootsMagic is running in Essential mode you will need to enter your key on the very first screen when you open the program. Sometimes you do that and it doesn't store the key. Then you need to right click on the RM icon on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator" and enter the key again. It should store it then. 

If RootsMagic is already unlocked you will need to generate a wall chart the very first time, instead of opening a file previously created. Go to Reports>Charts>Wall charts and make a simple chart. It will store the RM Chart key properly and let you open the other charts now.

Renee
RootsMagic