4 replies to this topic

#1 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:33 AM

I am in possession of my father's U.S. passport, issued in 1927. I wish to cite it and would appreciate suggestions for which source template to use directly or edit appropriately. I also have photocopies of several foreign passports issued to relatives, so the template should allow for non-U.S. documents as well.

Thanks!

Robert

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7708 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

Check this forum post - http://forums.rootsm...ation-citation/

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for pointing me there. A passport gives a lot of information about its holder: date of birth, legal name, residence, physical description, sometimes some travel information. EE focuses on  passport records and indexes, not the physical document. So the Book-Basic template suggested in the link will work.

I've been trying to think about what information one wants to record as a source template for a passport and I've come up with person(s) to whom issued, date of issue, government that issued the document, expiration date. If I'm feeling adventurous I may try to make a dedicated passport template later today.

All good wishes.

#4 GeorgeC

GeorgeC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for pointing me there. A passport gives a lot of information about its holder: date of birth, legal name, residence, physical description, sometimes some travel information. EE focuses on  passport records and indexes, not the physical document. So the Book-Basic template suggested in the link will work.

I've been trying to think about what information one wants to record as a source template for a passport and I've come up with person(s) to whom issued, date of issue, government that issued the document, expiration date. If I'm feeling adventurous I may try to make a dedicated passport template later today.

All good wishes.

Robert, did you ever create the template for a dedicated passport held in possession?  If so, please share.  Thanks.

#5 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:44 AM

Dear George,

No I didn't. If I remember aright, I either used a simple source or the book basic. It was easier than devising a template for what turned out to be one American passport and two old Polish military passports.

Robert