No replies to this topic

#1 ketchell

ketchell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

I'm testing out a move from TMG to Rootsmagic. In TMG and in FH if my database is imported generation of a website makes the html links in the source citations an active link. Eg., I have a http://weblinkin the source/citation and when the html pages are generated for the endnotes for a person a link is created that can be clicked and go to the designated web page. I primarily used Second Site rather than TMG website generation, but I tried the function in both TMG and FH website generation and my links work.

When I use the Pre-Rootsmagic 6 style create a static HRML website generation the html links are not active, just plain text. I've attempted to use the XML/Javascript generation but those pages are not viewable in the Chrome browser. Before working on making the XML/Javascript, would the sources with html links be active links? If not, has anyone completed a workaround or is there a third party website generation product to use with Rootsmagic so enable active web links? I tried make one of the web links into a web tag and that didn't generate as an active web link either. 

I realize the RM web generator is not very sophisticated, so wondering what other RM users are doing and if their web links are active once a website is generated?

While missing TMG features, RM is a good alternative but the inability to generate a medium level website vs a basic or sophisticated (e.g., SS), is a real problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: html, webtags website