3 replies to this topic

#1 ketchell

ketchell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:41 PM

Working through a transition from TMG to RM. Finally have all but two fields that are the same in TMG and RM to map. The two that fails are Christen and Election.

Christen is a TMG std and RM default. Both should be using the same specs. I cannot figure out why RM will not map the TMG Christen tag into the RM Christen fact. 

Election is a custom tag I have created in TMG, and a RM default fact. As with the Christen issue, this one won't map. 

I could understand why there may be some issue with a custom to default, but not the TMG and RM default for Christen which is also a gedcom tag.

What is going wrong?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6131 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:13 AM

Are you importing directly from the TMG database or via GEDCOM? From what version of TMG?

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 ketchell

ketchell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:20 PM

Importing directly db from TMG 9.05 not GEDCOM. I could understand that Election in RM is default/std fact but Christening is a std/default in both. 

In addition to Christen and Election, I've discovered the Military tag doesn't import into RM Military fact.

Just renaming in TMG fixed emigation, immigration and a few others but Christen, Election and Military just won't import into the RM fact for the same event. I've tried changing all the TMG parameters I can and nothing works.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8296 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:39 AM

Could you create a GEDCOM and show us the tags it is using?

Renee
RootsMagic