1 reply to this topic

#1 ketchell

ketchell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

Is there a way to merge two fact types that did not automatically merge when importing from TMG? Here is my example. Both RM and TMG have a Christen tag/fact. But RM did not import the TMG Christen into the RM Christen.Other tags named the same have merged including the witness roles from TMG tag types.

Looking at the fact type and tag type specifications, the difference I see are the Abbreviation. TMG uses CHR and TMG uses Christen. The sentence templates are not the same either. Do either of these two things matter or is there something else I should look for I could change in the TMG tag type or is there a way to merge the two Christen types in RM. There are no facts in the RM Christen. All the facts are in the TMG fact type imported.

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

From within RootsMagic itself, you can basically only change the TMG Christen facts to RM Christen facts (one individual at a time) losing the former sentence template and gaining the latter. External to the program, one can alter a GEDCOM for reimport OR use SQLite directly or via an SQLite client to effect the changes necessary to accomplish same.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N