• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bobmoo79

bobmoo79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:44 AM

Hi there, I have an iphone 6 using iOS 9.2.1 and recently downloaded the RM app but I cannot get it to communicate with Dropbox. (I used RM7 to save my database to my DB account last night).

When I load the RM app and select dropbox from the 'icon' at the bottom of the screen it comes up with a message stating that I need to link the app to my dropbox account. I click Ok and then the following error message appears "Unknown error occurred. There was an error loading dropbox. Please try again".

No matter how many times I retry linking my RM app to dropbox the same error occurs.

I have also tried deleting the app and resinstalling but that didn't solve the problem either.

I also have the dropbox app on my phone and it loads perfectly well giving me access to all the files I have stored there, including the rmgb file in the Dropbox>Apps>RootsMagic folder, so the problem does not appear to be with Dropbox. It seems the problem is with the RM app but I have no idea how to fix it, and I can't find any similar problems reported here on the forum.....

Can anybody help?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

Did you let Dropbox create the Dropbox\Apps\RootsMagic folder or did you manually do it? If so delete that App folder and go to File>Save to Dropbox for Apps to create it again.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 bobmoo79

bobmoo79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

Hi Renee, I let RM/dropbox create the folder when I asked RM to backup to Dropbox.

At the point the app error occurs it hasn't even asked me for my Dropbox login details, so I guess it's nothing to do with my Dropbox files or account.... because it has no way of knowing anything about them.

#4 bobmoo79

bobmoo79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:12 PM

Ok so I just tried it again at home and it's working fine. I was trying to connect at work earlier and so my guess is the work network was blocking the connection to Dropbox somehow. Thanks for your reply and trying to help renee

#5 victoria296

victoria296

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:02 AM

Hi.I have same problem. I will keep updating this topics.